Drought in Agriculture
The team works to support drought adaptation and resilience among agricultural producers.
2022–2023 Proposed Activities
- Continue work on existing projects/activities: Drought & forage outlook podcast collaboration with the P2P team. Possibly branch out and do radio spots.
- Team meetings will be a mixture of outreach planning and information-sharing within the group.
- Collaboratively contributing to resource lists.
- Possibly hearing from other groups who have undertaken successful projects to support agricultural drought resilience/adaptation measures.
- Swapping notes & providing feedback to each other, as needed.
- Aim to bring more people in ag service provider positions into the group – specifically Extension, FPAC agencies.
- Leverage collaborations with other DLN teams where opportunities arise.
Skye Aney (USDA Southwest Climate Hub)
Tonya Haigh (National Drought Mitigation Center)