Drought in Agriculture
This team focuses on tasks related to drought planning with ranchers and farmers in the region. Topics related to this include coping with drought related stress, crop insurance, soil health, and other agricultural related issues that are brought to the team throughout the year.
- Compile success stories, current drought information, and other relevant information so it is shareable
- Reach stakeholders through a variety of methods to expand the DLN audience (i.e., webinars, newsletter, conventional media, podcasts, etc.)
- Focus on addressing natural resources concerns (watershed management, soil health, etc.)
- Katie Goetz (NM Dept. of Agricuture)
- Skye Aney (USDA Southwest Climate Hub)