Monitoring and Impact Reporting
The monitoring and impact reporting team expands monitoring through participant-driven (CoCoRaHS, CMOR) and technological (remote sensing, phenocams) means and builds connections with monitors through monthly drought briefings and localized information.
2022–2023 Proposed Activities
- Co-host an in-person four corners drought monitoring workshop in April 2023 with the indigenous collaboration team. Contact: Emile Elias
- Host monthly Drought Briefings focused on drought conditions, outlook and response tools. Contact: Joel Lisonbee and Curtis Riganti.
- Identify and refine drought indicators. Contact: Laura Haskell
- Launch a localized monitoring blitz with partners featuring CMOR and CoCoRaHS. Contact: Brian Fuchs, Henry Reges, Kelly Smith.
- Expand a drought gap analysis. Contact: Rebecca Frus.
- Increase forest condition monitoring and drought indicator collaboration. Contact: Brian Fuchs.
Emile Elias (USDA SW Climate Hub)
Laura Haskell (Utah Department of Water Resources)
Joel Lisonbee (National Integrated Drought Information System)
Curtis Riganti (National Drought Mitigation Center)